Tape and Wrapping
$75.00 – $125.00
This program was designed by Nancy Spence an Athletic Therapist with more than 20 years experience covering sports and teaching first aid. These workshops are a must for coaches and team “trainers” looking to offer more for their athletes. This workshop also fulfills the Ontario Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) requirements for a certificate course.
Taping and Wrapping Workshops come in 4-hour or 8-hour formats. These workshops include introductory level athletic taping and wrapping for the prevention and management of sport injuries. This is a hands-on workshop, supported with a participant workbook.
New for COVID times, there is a 2-hour on-line option covering the key theory areas of this program.
This course can be linked with any first aid course. A Standard First Aid certificate or higher is recommended in conjunction with or before taking this course.
Skills include when to safely tape, wrap, and return to play. Pre tape/wrap assessments. How to wrap and tape. Specific skills can be chosen for the 4-hour workshop.
8-HOUR WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- wrist wraps
- ankle wraps
- large muscle wraps
- groin wraps
- shoulder spicas
- ankle taping
- wrist taping
- thumb taping
- the use of pressure pads, ice, and horseshoes in wrapping and taping techniques.
- 8 Hour Workshop: $125 + HST
- 4 Hour Workshop: $75 + HST
- On-line workshop cost: TBA
For groups of 8 or more, private courses can be created based your preferred date(s)/time(s).
This course is best offered in a minimum of 4-hour time increments. Ideally, each session should be no more than 1 week apart.
COURSE DELIVERY DETAILS:
- Group size per course: maximum 24, minimum 8.
- Participants should dress comfortably but bring/wear shorts and tank top/short sleeve shirt or if preferred wear form fitting leggings and long sleeves that the tape can applied directly on.
- Full attendance is required.
- Certificate is earned through demonstration of skills and interactions during the course.
- Each participant receives a wall certificate and Taping and Wrapping for Sportreference manual.
- Please confirm the number and full names of participants in writing, 10 business days before your course. Substitutions can be made.
- Course size is a maximum of 10 participants.
- Participants to always wear a face mask.
- Strict COVID-19 screening and precautions in place.
- All discussion will take place with participants sitting 2 meters apart.
- Partner work will be done with face mask and eye protection/face shield on.