Standard First Aid Course
$125.00 – $175.00
A comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR/AED) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course covers personal safety, CPR and AED skills, emergency care of life-threatening injuries and care for head, spine, fractures and dislocations, soft tissue, poisoning, environmental and sudden medical emergencies. Canadian Red Cross first aid certification is recognized by W.S.I.B. and valid for 3 years.
Level A CPR/AED: focuses on life threatening emergencies for Adults (puberty and up).
Level C CPR/AED: focuses on life threatening emergencies for Infants, Children, and Adults.
BLS Level CPR/AED: includes resuscitation skills for professional rescuers and healthcare providers.
- SFA with CPR/AED Level A: 13 hours in-class OR 5.5 hours in-class + 8 hours online learning*
- SFA with CPR/AED Level C: 14 hours in-class OR 7.5 hours in-class + 8 hours online learning*
- SFA with CPR/AED Level BLS: 16 hours in class. Blended option currently unavailable.
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps.
- 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation.
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course.
- 3-year certification in Standard First Aid and CPR Level A or C
- SFA with CPR/AED Level A: 6.5 hours in-class OR 3 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
- SFA with CPR/AED Level C: 7.5 hours in-class OR 4 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
*On-line learning time will vary depending on the learner.
Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle, and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illnesses
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
COURSE PARTICIPANT MATERIALS:
- First Aid & CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard First Aid CPR A/C – Online access
- Standard First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Blended SFA/Level C CPR/AED $125 + HST each
- SFA with Level C CPR/AED $150 + HST each.
- SFA with BLS CPR/AED $175 + HST each (additional costs and time required to include airway devices and Oxygen Admin).
- Costs for Level A option are same as with Level C.
- Contact Action Rehab Therapy to set up a course for your group of 8 or more.
- Options include: 2 x 8-hour sessions, 4 x 4-hour sessions or Blended Learning with course theory presented online before the in-class session.
- Ideally, each in-class session should be no more than 1 week apart.
- Online material should be completed no more than 1 month before the in-class session (COVID-19 exception allows for 90 days).
COURSE DELIVERY DETAILS:
- Group size per course: maximum 14, minimum 8. Larger groups can be accommodated with notice.
- Participants should dress comfortably and in layers.
- Each participant receives an electronic wallet and wall certificate, rescue breathing barrier device, and pocket mask for use during the course.
- Companies, please confirm the number and full names of participants in writing, 5 business days before your course. Substitutions can be made.
- When planning a corporate course, please check with WSIB to ensure you are choosing the correct training course for your company. All certificates are valid for 3 years. WSIB asks that you re-cert once and then take the complete course every 6 years.
- Course size is a maximum of 10 participants.
- Participants to always wear a face mask.
- Strict COVID-19 screening and precautions in place.
- All discussion will take place with participants sitting 2 meters apart.
- Partner work will be done with face mask and eye protection/face shield on.