Emergency First Aid Course
$75.00 – $100.00
Basic 6–8-hour course offering lifesaving first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the workplace or home. Course meets the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. This Canadian Red Cross certification is recognized by W.S.I.B. and valid for 3 years. In Ontario to requalify their EFA, participants attend a full course.
Level A CPR/AED: focuses on life threatening emergencies for Adults (puberty and up).
Level C CPR/AED: focuses on life threatening emergencies for Infants, Children, and Adults.
- CPR/AED Level A: 6.5 hours in-class OR 3.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
- CPR/AED Level C: 7.5 hours in-class OR 4.5 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
- Blended EFA/Level C CPR/AED $75 + HST each
- EFA with Level C CPR/AED $100 + HST each.
- Costs for Level A option are same as with Level C.
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps.
- 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation.
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course.
*Online learning time will vary depending on the learner.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
- First Aid & CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Emergency First Aid – Online (Blended only)
- Emergency First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- To be determined based on the preferred dates for your group.
- Options include: 1 x 8-hour sessions or 2 x 4-hour sessions or Blended option with theory completed online before the classroom skills session.
- Ideally, each in-class session should be no more than 1 week apart.
- Online material should be completed no more than 1 month before the in-class session (COVID-19 exception allows for 90 days).
EFA COURSE DELIVERY DETAILS:
- Group size per course: maximum 14, minimum 10. Larger groups can be accommodated with notice.
- Participants should dress comfortably and in layers.
- Each participant receives an electronic wallet and wall certificate, rescue breathing barrier device, pocket mask for use in the course.
- Please confirm the number and full names of participants in writing, 5 business days before your course. Substitutions can be made.
- When planning a corporate course, please check with WSIB to ensure you are choosing the correct training course for your company. All certificates are valid for 3 years. WSIB asks that you re-cert once and then take the complete course every 6 years.
- Course size is a maximum of 10 participants.
- Participants to always wear a face mask.
- Strict COVID-19 screening and precautions in place.
- All discussion will take place with participants sitting 2 meters apart.
- Partner work will be done with face mask and eye protection/face shield on.